MFJ-998 1500W auto tuner
The MFJ-998 IntelliTuner™ is a automatic antenna tuning center with SWR/wattmeter and an antenna switch for two antennas. It covers .3 to 30 MHZ continuous frequency coverage and handles 1500 watts SSB/CW. The MFJ-998 lets you rapidly tune almost any unbalanced or single-wire antenna automatically. Balanced feedlines may be used with an external 4:1 balun connected to the MFJ-998 antenna output.
The MFJ-998 includes MFJ's Amplifier Bypass Control™. This exclusive MFJ antenna tuner feature fully protects your amplifier during tuning, and will even take your amplifier off-line schould the SWR increase above a user-defined pre-set limit.
MFJ's exclusive InstantRecall™, IntelliTune™ and AdaptiveSearch™ algorithms give you fast automatic tuning with more than 20,000 non-volatile VirtualAntenna™ memories. Each of the two antenna outputs has four banks of memory, and each memory bank has over 2500 non-volatile memories for tuner settings.
The tuner includes a highly efficient switching L-network with wide matching capability, 1.8 to 30 MHz coverage, cross-needle power meters, backlight LCD display, a radio interface port, and heavy-duty 16 amp/1000 volt relays. It is rated at 1500 watts SSB/CW and will match impedances from 12 to 1600 ohms antennas (SWR up to 32:1).
A maximum of 256 values of inductance and 256 values of input capacitance or 64 values of output capacitance are available. This provides a total of 81,664 L/C tuning combinations. The nominal tuning ranges are 0 to 24 μH and 0 to 3900 pF (input) or 0 to 970 pF (output). And once a match is found, the matching network values can be displayed so you may design your own fixed matching network if desired.
All MFJ IntelliTuners™ learn and remember. When you transmit, they automatically adjust for minimum SWR and remember the frequency and tuner settings, safely stored in non-volatile memory. The next time you operate on that frequency (or close to it) and antenna, these tuner settings are instantly restored and you’re ready to operate in milliseconds. Each of two antenna selections has four banks of memory, which can learn and remember more than 2500 frequencies and tuner settings per bank.
• Automatically matches antennas from 12 to 1600 ohms impedance (SWR up to 32:1)
• Handles 1500 watts SSB/CW
• Tune in less than 20 seconds. usually less than 5 seconds
• Amplifier Bypass Control automatically protects your amplifier during tuning and external high SWR events
• Over 20,000 non-volatile memories for tuner settings
• Four memory banks per antenna with over 2500 memories per bank
• Highly efficient switched—L network matching circuit
• Direct read-out of matching L-C values available after tuning
• 1.3 to 30 MHZ continuous frequency coverage
• Adjustable target SWR from 1.0 to 2.0
• Adjustable SWR threshold from 0.5 to 1.5
• Adjustable amp bypass SWR from 1.5 to 3.0
• Lighted cross-needle SWR/wattmeter with high, low, and auto range options
• Multifunction backlit LCD display with contrast control
• Numeric readings for SWR, forward and reflected power
• Bar meters for SWR, forward and reflected power with peak hold and range options
• Audio SWR meter
• Built-in frequency counter
• Built-in radio interface circuitry for compatible radios
• Two SO-239 coax fed antenna connectors
• Connector for random wire or single wire antennas
• Built-in bootloader for field upgradeable firmware