Rugged and Basic 2M with Powerful Audio!
Icom radios are built tough, and the IC-V80/E – Icom's most economical 2M – is no exception. This military rugged rig offers water resistance and superior protection against dust and dirt (IP54). Compact, rugged and with plenty of power, the IC-V80/E is ideal for basic, on-the-go ham operations.
The IC-V80/E uses the BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. The 36mm large speaker delivers 750mW of loud and intelligible audio*. Great for noisy environments.
* Typical value using with internal speaker.
Powerful 5.5W of output power
The IC-V80/E offers a just-right mix of power and size. 5.5 watts of high power will work to get your message through. Get up to 19 hours* of operating time with the Li-ion battery pack (BP-265) or 13 hours with the Ni-MH (BP-264). All that power comes is an easy to hold and use size – not too big, not too small.
* Typical operation. 5:5:90 duty cycle with power save on.
IP54 and MIL-STD-810 rugged construction
The dust protection and water-resistance equivalent to IP54 provides reliable operation for practical outdoor operation. The IC-V80/E tested to and passed 11 categories of MIL-STD-810 environmental tests.
A total of 207 memory channels
The IC-V80/E has a total of 207 memory channels, including 200 regular channels, 6 scan edges and 1 call channel. The channel name is programmable with 5 characters for easy recognition.
The CTCSS and DTCS tone codes provide quiet stand-by and allow you to use tone-access repeaters. The pocket beep alerts you when a matching tone frequency is received. The tone scan detects the subaudible tone that is used for repeater access.
The IC-V80/E has internal VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) function for convenient handsfree operation with a compatible optional headset and plug adapter cable. Also, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable.
· WX channel and weather alert function (USA version only)
· Program, memory, skip, priority and tone scans
· Power save function
· BNC type antenna connector
· Automatic repeater function (USA version only)
· 1750Hz tone for European repeater access (IC-V80E only)
· TOT (time out timer) setting
· Repeater lockout and busy channel lockout
· PC programmable with optional CS-V80
· Transceiver-to-transceiver cloning (Optional)
· Direct keypad frequency entry
· DTMF autodial memories
· Auto power off
· LCD backlight
· Wide/narrow channel spacing