This 6:1 current balun is another new addition to the Balun Designs line of quality products. By utilizing Thermaleze wire inserted in teflon tubes, this model substantially increases the breakdown voltage between both conductors and windings while improving the overall input impedance.
Using two (2) 4:1 Current baluns in series/parallel, a 6:1 design is created that will handle very high power from 1mhz to 54 MHz. Good choice to feed multiband antennas such as off center fed dipoles at or above 60 feet and other high impedance antennas.
Key Design Features:
· Special mix toroids with low permeability coated with epoxy paint for extra durablity.
· Design has excellent broadband frequency response and is very efficient (98-99%).
· Typical SWR is below 1.09 : 1 with excellent Transformation and return loss exceeding -30db.
· 2 separate bifilar windings of 14 gauge Superior Essex Heavy build polyamideimide "Allex 240 Winding Wire" wire wound on two separate cores. This is NOT the enameled type (Formvar) used by less expensive competitors. It is coated with a polyimide coating rated at a minimum of 2kv breakdown voltage. The windings are then inserted into teflon tubes which increases the total breakdown to 10kv.
· Typical insertion loss is < 0.2db
· SO-239 connectors are silver plated with teflon insulation and gold center conductor.
· All hardware is Stainless Steel. Eyebolts and studs are 1/4"Because of the high efficiency, this balun will not heat up or saturate like the typical cheap current baluns using ferrite rods, beads or open air wound coax.
· N connector and Alternate mounting options are available..
The balun is installed in a weatherproof 4" X 4" X 2" NEMA Box which makes an excellent outdoor and/or remote mounted design.